Saturday, October 2, 2010

Going to the Chapel...


Well if you haven't heard the news, it's official, We're engaged!!!!
Realistically I doubt my wedding will actually be in a chapel or church, but I haven't been able to get that catchy old tune out of my head since my fiance first popped the question. Right now even saying the word fiance sounds kind of funny, especially after being with "my boyfriend" for five years, but over time I think I will be able to get used to it. This is such an exciting time and I have so many thoughts and ideas constantly streaming through my mind at a very fast pace, that it's hard to wrap my head around an actual wedding. The best thing about it is, I don't have to yet. I think the first step will be to set a date, which we will probably do in the next week or so. From there, I am just going to try to keep it calm and simple, and enjoy every step of the process of planning the happiest day of my life. I'm marrying my best friend!
So be prepared Pdxers, over the next year you are going to be hearing a lot about weddings and the planning process. For those of you who live in Portland, I would appreciate and welcome any and all suggestions or helpful hints you can offer. In exchange, I promise to do my absolute best not to become a Bridezilla...let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment