Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year, Less Fear.

I love the New Year, always have, always will. Something about starting over, new beginnings, and a fresh set of goals is so invigorating, and I often get really pumped up at the start of the year, thinking about having a clean slate to work with.
The start of 2011 has been especially exciting and motivating for me, because WE'RE GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR!!!
With my minor nervous breakdown and anxiety attacks over the planning of the wedding behind me, I feel rejuvenated and ready to tackle this thing head on!
Any bride, or even any one who has been a part of planning a wedding, can sympathize with me regarding the roller coaster ride of emotions that begins the second after you get engaged. It can be so overwhelming and intimidating thinking about the big picture and all the details that go into the vision of your big day. The key here is to take a deep breath, take things one step at a time and remember you are planning a day that is supposed to be happy and fun, NOT stressful and migraine-inducing. My short break over the holidays has given me a renewed sense of joy over the day I get to become a Mrs.
This is why I am taking on the New Year with Less Fear. With everything settling into perspective and the booking of our venue on the horizon, I have decided to throw my hands in the air, and enjoy the ride. 2011 is going to be one of the best years of my life. I can feel it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you, and really glad that you're able to refocus and take those deep breaths!

    Love you, cousin!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete