Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rainy Day Boot-Binge

It seems the rainy season is finally upon us here in PDX. After ten years in this often gray city, I've actually come to enjoy the rain. Even though I'm a native East-Coaster, I want nothing to do with snow. I'll take drops over flakes any day!
Anyone who's ever lived in the Northwest knows that if you're going to let the rain stop you, you might as well not live here. You've got to get out and moving whether it's wet or not.What's the best way to spot a non-native Portlander? Their umbrella! The Northwest is all about layers and hoodies, and of course rain boots. Thank goodness rain boots are so in right now. At least our feet can look cute while the rest of our bodies are covered up from head to toe. Here are a few of my current faves when it comes to boots.
Always a sucker for anything animal print.

LOVE these Betsy Johnson floral boots with a lace up the front.

Simple snake skin Jimmy Choo's. I'm a fan.

Classic boots in a rainbow of colors can brighten even the dreariest day.

Since I'm currently obsessed with Day of the Dead, these Ed Hardy boots struck a major chord.

Can't go wrong with anything purple,always my go to color!
So there you have it. You've discovered my newest guilty pleasure. Who says a pair for every day of the week is a bad thing? A girl's gotta have options...

1 comment: