Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Literary Daydreams


If I haven't mentioned it before, I am not the only one in my family getting married this year!! Even before our wedding happens this October, my fiance and I have the incredible pleasure of returning back East for the June nuptials of my brother and his wonderful partner. We are so excited to be apart of not one, but two joyous occasions this year, not to mention the fact that I am gaining another brother who I absolutely adore. Our weddings are very different, as are we, but this is absolutely not a bad thing. It has been a lot of fun participating in the vision for the guys' wedding, and getting inspired by some of their themes and ideas.
A few days ago, my brother forwarded along a charming little wedding he found on the blog Design Sponge, which prompted me to add another fantastic blog to my reading list. Along the course of my exploration of the blog, I stumbled upon another post called, In My Library. This got me thinking, how would I design my own in home dream library?
I already have a HUGE wish list for the features of our next home, and a library is definitely one of them. I'm picturing floor to ceiling built in bookshelves, comfy chairs and soft blankets within an arm's reach. After all, there's nothing quite like cuddling up with a great book...Check out some of these ideas for gorgeous home libraries.

Love all the colors!
Yellow seems so soothing for reading.
A library in the dining room would be a sweet treat!
              
Love how light and airy this library is.

Or how about a library inspired wedding?!? Wow, wish I would have thought of this sooner. Que Cute! Check it out at the Brass Paperclip!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't Design Sponge great?!?

    The vintage library wedding idea is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah design*sponge! i'm so glad you like it. and thanks for the wedding shout out.

    <3 your favorite little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just now reading this post -- never too late, right? I love the pictures of the libraries, and the library-themed wedding is so cute!

    ReplyDelete